Skip to content
Active Isolated Stretching (AIS)
- Mercola article
- Method developed by kinesiology and kinesiotherapy specialist Aaron Mattes
- Hold each stretch for only two seconds to improve circulation and increase the elasticity of muscle joints
- Examples: walking lunges, squats or arm circles
- Benefits positively influence power, speed, agility, endurance, flexibility, and strength performance when used as a warm-up
- Contrast with static stretching which diminishes muscle performance. American College of Sports Medicine advises against static stretching.